Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lessons in Learning

We are watching Hunchback of Notre Dame in Arts and Humanities. We have been at least. For once, I am not complaining. As a longtime Esmerelda Fan (see Heidi: The Collected Memoirs currently distributed in very limited release), I did not question my teacher's statement "It has medieval architecture" as she justified our viewing of the Disney movie. My Arts and Humanities teacher tries to make these justifications as often as possible. In Freshman year, this would have outraged me. I would have gone to my counselor and told them to get me a competent teacher. But I think high school has taught me something. It's better to appreciate those classes that are there to entertain you so that you can maintain sanity when faced with classes like AP Physics. After stumbling through my Newton's Laws of Gravity homework last night, I think I am just about ready for a dose of disfigured and immoral entertainment.

And if that's the lesson my high school chooses to teach, well...school spirit, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment